Are you planning on buying a home in 2015?
Like most buyers you may have one or more Portland Oregon Neighborhoods which you are interested in buying a home but as of today there are some neighborhoods across Portland and surrounding areas where it’s more expensive to buy a home than others especially during Q1 of 2015.
Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Portland Area
- Beaverton / Aloha – Average sales price $335,632
- Damascus – Average sales price $338,807
- Sherwood – Average sales price $344,037
- Clackamas / Gladstone – Average sales price $345,032
- Lake Oswego – Average sales price $366,856
- Wilsonville – Average sales price $370,415
- Piedmont – Average sales price $379,545
- Tualatin – Average sales price $379,804
- Downtown Portland – Average sales price $379,979
- North Tabor / Hollywood – Average sales price $387,705
- Multnomah – Average sales price $416,226
Average Income to Buy a Home in Portland
Thanks to recent data from the Portland Business Alliance we know that you’re going to need an income of at least $70,000 per year to afford a median priced house in the Portland Oregon area.
How to Get the Home You Really Want In Portland
Of the 5,734 homes which were sold during Q1 the average sales price for a home in Portland Oregon was $331,972.
To make sure that you get the home you really want in the Portland area make sure you do the following:
#1 – Improve your credit – Make sure you have a credit score of 700 or better to buy a home.
#2 – Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan – This can save you critical time when competing against other home buyers.
#3 – Have at least $20,000 or more for a down payment on a home.
#4 – Be ready to act fast – When a home becomes available taking action can be the difference between success and failure when it comes to getting the home that you really want.